Game Art - Project 1

Katherine Alexandra Sutanto / 0373585

Game Art / Creative Media / School of Design
Project 1


TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Instructions

2. Task

3. Submission

4. Feedback


INSTRUCTIONS

Select a unique world or theme in Week 1 (e.g., post-apocalyptic jungle, sci-fi city, dark fantasy ruins). All projects contribute to building a consistent visual universe through modular prop and asset design. *(This is run simultaneously with Exercise)

Design and render a hero prop (e.g., weapon, terminal, totem, vehicle part) aligned with your chosen world. Focus on silhouette strength, story function, and production-ready presentation.

Deliverables:

- 3–5 concept thumbnails

- Detailed orthographic views

- Material and function callouts

- Final painted render or clean line + grayscale render



TASK

To start with the task, I'd start with the ideation by merging it with Environment design so I can have a smoother workload. 

Fig 1.1 Character Moodboard


At the first few weeks, I'm still deciding if i should od character/entity or an environment, so I also made value studies off the same concept with environment design, aka haunted asylum.


Fig 1.2 Worldbuilding


I then also move on to making thumbnail sketches of characters/entities:

Fig 1.3 Thumbnail sketches


I then also develop the design of the main character/protagonist:

Fig 1.4 Thumbnail Sketches

However, my mind shifted to create more entity designs:

Fig 1.5 Moodboard


Fig 1.6 Entity Sketches



SUBMISSION



FEEDBACK

i

Komentar

Postingan Populer