Environment Design - Project 1

Katherine Alexandra Sutanto / 0373585

Environment Design / Creative Media / School of Design
Project 1


TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Instructions

2. Task

3. Submission

4. Feedback


INSTRUCTIONS

You are to choose and develop a location, e.g., Temple set, Ruins, Village, City, etc., based on a theme or story that you have proposed from a game/movie/cartoon. Below is the list of tasks to be completed. 

- Mood board – collection of references and breakdown 

- Thumbnail sketches – initial concept ideas  

- Composition studies – 5 drawings, best communicate visually 

- Value studies – Continue from 5 compositions  

- Ambiance studies – Continue from 5 value painting  

Submission: 

Complete Call-out Sheet. Note that each progression is to be drawn at 2000 x 3000 pixels, 150 dpi, with a 16:9 aspect ratio, in landscape orientation for weekly progressions. Remember, this is the pre-production stage, where you must achieve about 70% minimum completion that visually communicates and appeals to the target audiences.



TASK

In the first few weeks, I've developed more ideas and sketches, alongside my progress in Game art, at first i mainly focuses on the interior first, then I then start compositioning the exterior. I merged my studies in fundamentals with Project 1. But before that, I compiled a moodboard: 

Fig 1.1 Moodboards

Fig 1.2 Ideation


Fig 1.3 Thumbnail Sketches


Fig 1.4 Compositions & Value Studies


After consulting with sir Kannan, he advises to put more contrast in my value studies. I then choose one of the composition to develop further. 

Fig 1.5 Chosen Composition

I then proceed to do ambience studies on the same composition with different colours.

Fig 1.6 Ambience Studies



SUBMISSION



FEEDBACK

During the first stages of ideation and fundamentals, sir Kannan gives a general feedback and a demonstration on how to vignette paint as the first steps of the study. After looking into my ideation and sketches, sir Kannan advises me to do more exploring and avoid jumping into details.

Komentar

Postingan Populer